POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 27 Dec 2000 23:59:15
Message: <3A4AC8C7.B376463A@istar.ca>
Josh English wrote:

> I am sad and glad to see it go. When it started it was a very good idea, and I
> enjoyed it. As of late it has been abused. I hope that after a cooling off
> period Chris Cason will consider bringing it back.

I agree.

When it was first formed I was very happy with it, and visited all the time. It
was a friendly community, and an enjoyable place to visit.

Slowly it devolved into more and more arguments. At first they were entertaining,
or funny. Eventually they got tiresome. Then I left entirely for about a month or
so, and I didn't really miss it. I came back a couple of days ago to see what was
happening, and was very surprised at what it had become.

It was a great idea, but perhaps the time had come to put it out of it's misery. I
can only hope that after a few weeks or months of cooling off time that it can be
reinstated in some form. I don't know how, though. I'm afraid the damage done may
be to much to ever repair.

Simon